Saturday, January 1, 2011

Favorite Movies of 2010

Because I truly believe that everyone with a blog should make such a list.

Movie seen on DVD
Get Him to the Greek
Russell Brand should play Aldous Snow in one movie a year but only if future threesomes don't include Jonah Hill.

Hard to watch movie
127 Hours
And it wasn’t just the scene where he cut off his arm. Well, not just that scene. Here are some activities I watched James Franco as Aron Ralston engage in that boggle my mind:
--getting out of bed before sunrise
--working effortlessly with bungee cords and caribners
--shimmying through a crevice barely wide enough to take a deep breath then plunging into an underground pool

Second favorite hard to watch movie
Please Give
For exactly the opposite reasons as above. I was only too able to picture myself doing everything Catherine Keener’s Kate does. If you’ve seen the movie you know I shouldn’t be proud of that.

Movie with an iron-willed female protagonist
Unbelievably there were two of these this year: Ree Dolly in Winter’s Bone, played by Jennifer Lawrence and the amazing Hailee Steinfeld as Mattie Ross in True Grit. Both these young women kicked ass.

Obsessive Love Story
I Am Love
SWINTON!!! Crazy, lush and beautiful. And I think from now on I’ll need to call her Sir Tilda.

Movie with a character I think once sat next to me on the bus
Animal Kingdom
J (James Frecheville) narrates this grim and violent thriller but barely says a word.

Fifty-four seconds
James Franco seducing himself in this New York Times video:

No comments: